Sunday, June 15, 2008

Darkness Makes You Appreciate Light


One time I showed my friend my blog and what he immediately noticed is that the page was all dark. I said that I chose the color because it seems to highlight the images well. The dark background seems to make the images I post pop on the screen.

However, he mentioned that there were studies that dark pages in the net seems to not get much visitors. They would like to have bright pages instead. In fact he himself had used a dark page for one of his blogs and has revised it to a lighter tone since he found the study. Well, I said, it will depend ultimately on the person's taste and mine is that I really would like to have mine dark so that the pictures pop out nicely on the page as I view them. I still maintain that it will not be the page's color that will ultimately influence viewers preference to read and take time looking at my page but the contents I post. I hope I provide interesting information to readers that they will continue to visit this blog despite my decision to maintain the page as I have created them earlier.
Sometimes, darkness makes one appreciate light the more.

No comments: